Subject: Re: Video Capture
From: [email-masked] (John Crookshank)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 94 00:10:08 CST

>Paul Davies writes:
>
>I've used the same procedure (grab off a UVW-1800 or AG-7750) using the 
>Personal SFC, and the results have been mixed. Sometimes a portion of the 
>results show no jitter, but other segments have noticeable jitter. I'm using 
>a 1989 Toaster, but I believe they said that even the new Toaster isn't 
>designed to do this (although, as you say, apparently it does work 
>sometimes). Thanks for the input. 

This has nothing to do with the Toaster, it's poor registration from the video
deck. The use of a dynamic tracking deck will generate perfect jitter-free
grabs, every time.

I agree with previous posts, though. Once you've used the Personal Animation
Recorder, you'll never consider grabbing frames from tape again. Or for that
matter, rendering direct to tape again, either.

  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
 [     John Crookshank    |        MicroTech Solutions, Inc.           ]
 [   [email-masked]   |   BBS:708-851-3929   Voice:708-851-3033    ]
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------